This policy sets out the privacy, data protection and security guidelines and processes of PayWizard Public Limited Company (“PayWizard”), setting out what PayWizard will do with the personal information/data you provide to us and/or we gather about you through your transactions whilst using our service(s).
Account Creation Data
To ensure you can fully utilise the PayWizard facilities, PayWizard requires that you agree to provide certain personal data to be held by PayWizard. Such personal data may include, but not be limited to:
Such personal data shall be used by PayWizard to administer your PayWizard Account (PayWizard Merchant Account or MyPayWizard Account, as applicable) and to allow the processing of your authorised transactions using the PayWizard services.
To allow PayWizard to fully support you, such personal data (entered on the PayWizard system at the point of account creation, and as amended by you from time to time) may be passed to the following third parties in the following circumstances:
PayWizard shall not pass/share your personal data with any other third parties.
PayWizard is registered with the United Kingdom Information Commissioners Office, and confirms that all personal data is collected, processed, stored and used in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Information we collect
1. Required Information – To create a PayWizard Account you must provide the detail set out above. To allow the processing of certain transactions via PayWizard you must provide credit card, debit card, and/or bank account information. We also ask you to choose a security question to answer (e.g. your mother’s maiden name, your first pet’s name, favourite place, first school, best friend’s name). This personal detail is necessary to allow PayWizard to process your transactions, issue a new password (if you forget/lose your password), protect you against credit card and current account fraud, and to contact you should the need arise.
PayWizard may also require other identification information from time to time (e.g. if you request to send/receive certain high-value transactions or high overall payment volumes via PayWizard or as is otherwise necessary to allow PayWizard to comply with specific regulations (e.g. HM Revenue & Customs money laundering requirements, etc.)).
2. Transaction Information – When you use PayWizard to process a transaction (e.g. make a payment, top up your PayWizard Account, withdraw from your PayWizard Account), we may require additional information from you relating specifically to that transaction (e.g. the amount/value, the transaction type, etc.). PayWizard may add this data to your PayWizard Account history and may be used to speed up future transaction requests. PayWizard may collect additional information (e.g. IP address of the device you use to process the transaction) to help us to detect possible instances of unauthorised transactions.
3. Information About Your From Third Parties – PayWizard may verify the information you provide with bank processes to assist in protecting our customers against potential fraud. PayWizard may receive additional identification data about you whilst conducting such verification (e.g. if you register a credit/debit card with PayWizard, we may use card authorisation and fraud screening services to verify that the credit/debit card information and address match the information that you supplied to PayWizard, and that the credit/debit card has not been reported as lost/stolen).
In the event that you send/receive high overall payment transaction volumes via PayWizard, we reserve the right to conduct a background check about you (and your business, where appropriate) from a credit reference agency or a business information service. PayWizard reserves the right to close any PayWizard Account based on information received during such background checking.
PayWizard, at its sole discretion, also reserves the right to periodically conduct a business and/or consumer credit check from a credit reference agency or a business information service, as appropriate. PayWizard reserves the right to close any PayWizard Account based on information received during such credit checking.
4. Additional Verification – In the event that PayWizard cannot verify the information (provided by you during PayWizard Account creation or as amended by you from time to time), or if you request a withdrawal by cheque to an address other than your verified PayWizard Account address, we may ask you to send us additional information by fax (e.g. your driving licence, credit card statement, or other information linking you to the applicable address), or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information before PayWizard processes your request.
5. Web-site Traffic Information – As a result of standard world wide web communications and our standard processes, we gather additional information when you access the PayWizard website, including, but not limited to:
We use this web-site traffic information to help us to;
6. Our Use of "Cookies" – Cookies are small files of data that reside on your computer and which allow service providers (e.g. PayWizard) to recognise you as a customer when you return to that specific service provider’s web-site using the same computer and web browser. PayWizard will send a “session cookie” to your computer when you log in to your PayWizard Account by entering your unique username and password. Cookies allow us to recognise you, if you visit multiple pages within our site, during the same session, without you having to re-enter your password multiple times. Once you log out/close your browser the session cookies expire and no longer have any effect (e.g. you will need to log into your PayWizard Account the next time you wish to access the PayWizard services).
We may use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes (e.g. to display your e-mail address on our log-in page so that you don’t need to re-type this each time you wish to log in to your PayWizard Account). Our cookies are encoded, so that only PayWizard can interpret the information stored. You do not need to accept our cookies and you may decline these, if your browser permits, however, if you do, you may need to re-enter data as it will not be automatically stored and therefore unavailable to pre-populate data fields, where appropriate.
PayWizard also reserves the right to collect information about your computer, or other access device, to reduce any risk and also for fraud prevention purposes.
7. Customer Service – You may send correspondence (written, e-mail, and faxes) to PayWizard, and if you do, PayWizard reserves the right to keep copies of such correspondence and to add relevant notes to your PayWizard account. We may also keep copies of correspondence that we issue to you, including the adding of relevant notes to your account. PayWizard maintains such correspondence records, where appropriate, to:
PayWizard may delete such records from time to time, where permitted by law.
8. Customer Satisfaction and Profile Data – PayWizard may offer optional questionnaires and surveys to our customers for the purpose of gathering customer satisfaction and/or as collecting additional data (e.g. demographic information, assessing our customers’ interests, etc.).
In the event that PayWizard collects such information in this manner, the use of the information being collected will be fully explained in detail in the survey. In the event that PayWizard collects any personally identifiable data from our customers within any such surveys, customers will be given notice of how the data will be used prior to them agreeing to participate in the survey.
Such surveys shall be optional for our customers, however, it is anticipated that such data will be invaluable to PayWizard to:
PayWizard Security Measures
PayWizard takes security seriously, and as such has the following in place:
Relevant transactional information processed by PayWizard is encrypted (you will see the padlock symbol on relevant screens, as appropriate, when entering/submitting your data).
We will never send you an e-mail or other communication:
If you receive such an e-mail or communication (other than for the aforementioned reasons), you should delete it without clicking on any links or opening any attachments provided with it. If you are unsure whether a communication has been sent by us, please contact Customer Services to help us to reduce fraud.
Data & Systems Security
Personal sensitive data, where required to be stored/saved by PayWizard, is encrypted.
PayWizard is compliant with PCI DSS.
PayWizard employs the services of the third party provider to conduct quarterly penetration/vulnerability scans and annual system audits.
Access is controlled by either swipe card access and/or door key-pad entry, as appropriate.
Unless you specifically request us not to (e.g. by selecting online via your PayWizard Account not to receive correspondence), PayWizard may provide you with periodic information and news e-mails and/or written correspondence, about PayWizard or our preferred partners, as appropriate. Such PayWizard information is intended to keep you up-to-date regarding our services, including any available offers.
At any point, if you wish to know which, if any of your personal data is being stored by PayWizard, you may request such information directly from PayWizard.
In the event that you cancel your PayWizard Account, we may still retain some of your personal data, where required by law or until such time as your PayWizard Account is settled (e.g. clear balance).
PayWizard is authorised by the UK Financial Conduct Authority ("FCA") under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 for the issuing of electronic money.
Last updated: 16 April 2013